Skip to main content

5 Steps to More Book Sales

Here are 5 ways to present yourself as the "go to" person on anything.

1. First of all you need to present a a unique need or product that has not been provided. This could be as a result of a missing education, information, study programs, or guidance within your industry or area of expertise. 

2. Provide answers. Sadly, though many people may have identified the need only a few have solutions. You should be able to provide the answers that help customers reach their professional or personal goals.

3. Others recognize you as the expert?
You've identified what is lacking in industry, showed how you can help. Now, demonstrate how customers can succeed.

4. Determine a price. What will others be willing to pay for this knowledge? Is there anything that you can offer for free to help build credibility and become “go to” person?

5. What are some concrete ways that you can get your message out? Develop your website with a sales message and video (see http://www.redbikepublishing.com for examples).

Teach your subject in continuing education courses
Write captivating articles
Share articles and websites online and at Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.

For more detailed information, consider getting Get Rich in a Niche-The Insider's Guide to Self Publishing in a Niche Market. My book is complete with planning tools to help you establish yourself as a niche expert/leader. I developed a personal plan to become a security expert within 5 years and made it 2 years early. My book also shows you how to earn money from spin off products, newsletters and blogs. It is complete with planning tools to help you develop spin off products. 

I began with my security certification book and that led to three related books, training, magnets and other paying  products.

Join my newsletter  for more good writing and publishing ideas.

Jeffrey W. Bennett, ISP is the owner of Red Bike Publishing. Jeff is an accomplished writer of non-fiction books, novels and periodicals. He also owns Red bike Publishing. Published books include: "Get Rich in a Niche-Insider's Guide to Self Publishing in a Specialized Industry" and "Commitment-A Novel". Jeff is an expert in security and has written many security books including: "Insider's Guide to Security Clearances" and "DoD Security Clearances and Contracts Guidebook". See Red Bike Publishing for print copies of: Army Leadership The Ranger Handbook The Army Physical Readiness Manual Drill and Ceremonies The ITAR The NISPOM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways to Build Credibility By Teaching a Course

Residence classes This is a real opportunity to build credentials and create a real academic presence. Traditional education opportunities are solid and recognized ways to get your message out. Teaching provides a return on investment but takes hard work and persistence to get started. Also there are two different avenues. You can host these classes yourself, or you can get them sponsored. Host the Residence Class Yourself Just like self publishing you can control the product. You have the freedom to create and do not need to seek approval from anyone to get started. You choose to set up the class time, the material, the advertising, and everything else you need to start a successful course. It also means that you have to bring in the resources yourself. For a residence class, you will need a classroom or similar environment, curriculum, projector, screen, training aids, certificates and supplies. There is a terrific possib...

The best way to publish your book (In my opinion)

You know how there are so many book publishing options? I help authors publish their final manuscripts by helping them take control of their work. After writing and publishing many, many books, I have come to the conclusion that publishing and managing books on Amazon is currently the best option and for a few very good reasons: It is free to publish your books on Amazon. As a publisher, I've used many print and publishing services, and Amazon is the only one that I'm aware of that will let you upload and publish for free. You can publish an ebook, a paperback, and an audio book. Since it's free, you can update book content and covers any time. It's almost instant.. You want a new cover? Upload it Need to correct an error or update book content? Upload it All you need is an amazon account and you are capable of being a publisher. It's really all there is to it. Your publisher account is tied to your amazon account Your author page is tied to your a...

Should I do an audiobook?

Recently I shared with you that I have provided my book as an audio product. This seems like a great opportunity for authors to provide more opportunities for their readers.  Having multiple book formats gives you, the author, more flexibility and sources of potential income. Audiobooks seem to be a very good way to meet a growing market demand as well as provide a revenue source for authors. Before I began my audible journey, I was very reluctant. I wasn't really sure anyone wanted to listen to boring security books. I figured that they wanted hardcover and paperback products. So, for many years I published most of my books in print only. Here's where I talk about what I learned at a recent conference again. Yep, it was there they convinced me to put my books out on Amazon Kindle. I decided to put them to the test. It was tough formatting my books for Kindle, but I stuck with it and for the last few months I have put my books into Kindle, rewrote book descriptions...